Friday, February 27, 2009

BELIEF

Photobucket
People are not
even as evolved
as the bat.
In 1986, I lived in Sydney on the Harbor side. The place that I lived in had a large, flat roof that one could walk around. One of my favorite pastimes was to go up on the roof at dusk and watch the Fruit Bats fly over the Harbor from the North side en-route to the Western Suburbs, where they would raid the fruit orchards. One of the most interesting pieces of knowledge I found out about Bats is that upon returning to the place where they roost, they would always make sure that any of the Bats who had not had their fill, due to old age or injury, would be fed. This entailed regurgitating the digested fruit. They would never allow any of their kind to go hungry. My question is; how long do you think it will take mankind to evolve to the state of a bat?








"No, I don't believe in God...I have money!", said the man when asked the question, "Do you believe in God?"